- WordCruncher is available for Windows desktop and laptop computers that meet the minimum system requirements below.
- WordCruncher will not run on Windows computers with an ARM processor (e.g., Surface RT tablets).
- Windows 8: WordCruncher works on Windows 8 computers. However, it only recognizes touch actions or gestures that work with a mouse (e.g., click, drag) and have tablet equivalents built into the Windows 8 operating system. Currently there is no support for gestures (e.g., swipes to scroll or change windows).
- iPhones and iPads: A version of WordCruncher is now available in the App Store.
- Other mobile devices: WordCruncher does not work on eReaders (e.g., Kindle, Nook, iBooks), or on Android, BlackBerry, webOS, and Windows Phone devices.
After you download, install, and run WordCruncher for Windows, you will see:
- a "Getting Started Tutorial" (PDF) that shows how to use WordCruncher, and
- the WordCruncher Bookstore to download eBooks.
The following are minimum requirements.
|Operating System||Windows 7 or later (recommended)|
|Processor||Pentium 4 or better (except processors that use the "ARM architecture" such as the Surface 1 and 2 tablets.)|
|RAM||1 GB or better|
|Free disk space||100 MB (min) + more as needed for eBooks|
|Screen size||1024 x 768 or better|
|Internet||Yes (for updates and downloading eBooks)|