You can install WordCruncher on Windows or Macintosh desktops and laptops. You can also install it on iOS devices like iPhones and iPads.
iPhones and iPads
The iOS version currently lacks many tools found in the Windows version. Future updates will add more tools.
You can run the Windows version on your Mac while we are developing a native Mac version.
- Install a virtual machine (e.g., Parallels for Mac, VMware Fusion) so you can run Windows programs in a Mac window.
- Install Windows on your Mac
- Install WordCruncher for Windows (see instructions below).
- your CSR can do these three steps without any charge to your department. We can also help as needed.
- You, your TA, or your students can also go to computer labs to use WordCruncher.
WordCruncher for Windows
Download: Click on a link to the appropriate version for your desktop or laptop (see minimum system requirements).
Install: Select the "Run" option when you download, or double click on the file when the download is complete.
- This will install two programs: WordCruncher and the Data Location Manager. The Data Location Manager is only needed to move WordCruncher data from the C drive to a different drive.
- The red text above the links indicates what version we detect. If you wish to confirm your version of Windows, right-click on your "My Computer" icon and select "Properties." If you cannot determine what version of Windows you have, download the 32-bit version of WordCruncher and install it. The installation program will inform you if it is unable to install the program and you need to download the 64-bit version.
- LDS View is a version of WordCruncher for studying the scriptures of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 30+ languages. With WordCruncher, you can download the same scriptures plus other Gospel Library materials (e.g., conference, manuals).
System Requirements for Windows
|Operating System||Windows 7 or later (recommended)|
|Processor||WordCruncher will not run on ARM processors (e.g., Surface 1/RT and 2 tablets).|
|Free disk space||100 MB (min) + more as needed for eBooks (See FAQs for low memory devices.)|
|Screen size||1024 x 768 (or better)|
|Internet||Yes, but only to install or update software and eBooks.|